Social Media & Digital Specialist
The Company – Why APL:
APL is a leading innovator, manufacturer, marketer and supplier of simple self-care solutions, pharmacy supplies and wellness aids. We are based in Burnsville, MN with several manufacturing and vendor partners in the US and internationally. APL has pioneered many strong consumer product categories, including medication management. We have many trusted brands in the marketplace and do business with well-known mass retailers, grocery and chain drug stores. We also have a great culture embedded in our WE CARE values that helps ensure we have a lot of fun each day and are a high-performing work team.
Social Media & Digital Specialist
Apothecary Products (APL) is currently expanding its team with the addition of a Social Media & Digital Specialist. The Social Media & Digital Specialistis responsible for the creation, maintenance, and optimization of bamboobies® digital presence. The bamboobies® brand has recently been added to APL’s portfolio of products and we are seeking a passionate advocate of the brand [both online and offline] interested in bringing this brand to life via social media [such as Facebook and Instagram] as well as help support the engagement of consumers via email to drive them to purchase.As part of the application process, please submit examples of the social and/or digital content you have developed in the past.
In this role the incumbent will:
- Lead social, email and digital efforts that convey the bamboobies® brand voice to our consumers across multiple platforms within the Marketing team.
- Research top influencers and stay current with social media trends and best practices to make process enhancements to effectively compete
- Collaborate with outside partners to help build and implement paid social strategies and manage social influencer initiatives
- Develop goals and metrics for growing engagement across all current social media channels [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube] and driving more effective email campaigns.
We seek applicants with these critical skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 2-5 years of experience managing social media, online marketing, content management and/or digital advertising
- Must have a solid understanding of the methodologies to create and deploy emails through an Email Service Provider (ESP), as well as hands-on experience of ESP tools and analytics
- Preferred experience: consumer packaged goods; working knowledge of social media management/aggregators such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics/AdWords; SEO/SEA/CMS/Online advertising. Photography and/or photo editing skills a plus.
The Rewards - What We Offer:
The rewards we provide recognize and retain collaborative, results-oriented, strong contributors. Our comprehensive programs support team members and their families in their efforts to live healthy lives. We strive to create opportunities for career growth and financial success – all while being an agile employer committed to open communication.
- Annual incentive program, discounts on products and employee assistance programs
- Team member + family insurance programs including employer contributions: Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Vision, Pet, Legal, and Identity Theft insurance programs
- Financial wellness benefits including: Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Savings Account, and 401k
- Work/life blend: 9 company-paid holidays, Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks, paid Volunteer Time, and summer hours
- Onsite wellness activities: on-site community garden, Yoga, Volleyball, and walking clubs
- Community giveback opportunities supporting local and national charities
- Relaxed work environment: casual dress every day of the week, food trucks and many team activities!