Social Media Strategist
Bethesda is a nation-wide Christian organization that provides homes and other services for people with developmental disabilities to help them live the lives they want. If you’re not just looking for a job and have a passion for helping others, you will find fulfillment at Bethesda.
Social Media Strategist
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications and PR, the social media strategist will lead social media for all Bethesda brands and markets. From traditional social media channels to blogs and paid campaigns, this key role will work to position Bethesda as a thought leader in the Intellectual and Developmental Disability field and engage key audiences with Bethesda’s mission and goals.
- Planning and executing organic and paid social media campaigns.
- Creation, organization and ongoing cultivation of the organization’s social profiles to deliver a consistent and effective brand message.
- Producing fresh social media content and engagement for a variety of audiences daily.
- Maintaining an ongoing social media calendar
- Pitching, creating, and executing various social contests, promotions, and donor engagement activities.
- Working closely with business partners to understand where social media can enhance business goals and opportunities.
- Running social PPC campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Listening and community management in the greater social web (forums, answer sites).
- Maintaining weekly social media dashboard and developing strategies to grow impact and reach.
- Bachelors in Public Relations (or other relevant marketing degree).
- 3-6 years experience in social media marketing, including working within an integrated marketing team.
- Experience in creating compelling content including written posts, video, and live social events. (Interviewing / hosting skills a plus.)
- Experience with social listening platforms.
- Impeccable attention to detail and write in alignment with the Yahoo! Style Guide.
- SEO experience.
- A data-driven approach with an understanding of various marketing metrics, and ability to measure and track performance to continually improve and grow social media programs.
- Social media fundraising experience (bonus).
- Blog oversight experience (bonus).
- A general sense of passion and self-motivation when it comes to social media.
- Experience with design, especially for social media banners/assets.
Bethesda offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability insurance paid by the company; a 403(b) with a company match; and paid time off. Insurance benefits are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.