Sr. Director, Integrated Marketing & Communications
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
We are devoted to developing innovative solutions for treating peripheral and coronary artery disease, to help physicians conquer calcium, one of the largest challenges when treating PAD and CAD and help patients get back to what matters.
Sr. Director, Integrated Marketing & Communications
Saint Paul, MN
Reporting to the VP of Global Marketing, the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing & Communications owns the CSI brand and is responsible for creating a unified and seamless customer experience. Closely partnering with key internal and external stakeholders, you will guide a global customer-centric marketing team to deliver integrated marketing and communications that drive thought leadership, customer engagement, and demand to achieve CSI strategic goals. This role is both strategic/planning focused as well as hands-on execution.
- Leads marketing organization to establish and execute CSI brand, brand standards, and associated initiatives.
- Leads Marketing Operations and associated processes with Product Marketing and cross-functionally to develop, prioritize, execute, analyze and maintain effective global integrated marketing plans and communications plans.
- Leads annual marketing plan, quarterly business review and commercial leadership team processes for marketing.
- Responsible for integrating marketing and leading communications as a unified force to achieve business objectives (e.g., sales promotions, tradeshows, advertising, direct marketing, website/content management, social media, etc.)
- Partners cross-functionally to establish and lead a rolling 6Q messaging plan, ensuring all communications are centered on the customer and are clear, powerful, concise and consistent across all channels.
- Provides key messages to VP of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, who is responsible for integrating key messages into investor relations, press releases and CSI employee communications coming from CEO, CFO, COO.
- Provides key messages to key commercial VP stakeholders and collaborates to ensure key messages are integrated and delivered globally via a multi-channel approach to targeted customers, sales, distributors, KOL’s, CSI physician faculty, and CSI clinical investigators.
- Ensures that strategic meetings management, events and tradeshows are delivering against integrated marketing plan and achieving business objectives.
- Works with functional partners to evaluate program impact and reassess objectives and outcomes; responsible for continuous improvement of the functional area.
- Define department structure/model that best meets business needs.
- Allocate resources to highest business priorities.
- Communicate proactively cross-functionally and to all levels of management.
- Identify, partner with, and manage appropriate resources (i.e., vendor relationships, agencies, other internal departments, etc.) to ensure that programs meet objectives.
- Develop and maintain budgets; accountable for implications on general business management.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends as related to responsibilities, and communicates information to the organization and leads communication channel innovation.
- Create and execute individual development plan with the partnership of VP of Global Marketing.
- Ensure individual development plans are in place for all direct reports and support their growth and development.
- Drives measurement of functional programs and team performance.
- Recruit, coach, develop and retain high-quality team.
- Bachelor degree required; MBA strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 12+ years of marketing experience required, including demonstrated ability to develop and execute fully integrated marketing strategies and communications.
- Prior Director level role or higher strongly preferred.
- Marketing communications leadership experience in healthcare industry required; medical device strongly preferred.
- Experience in building product/corporate brands through innovative media and marketing.
- Ability to stay current, partner with vendors and integrate most up-to-date relevant methods of communication.
- Excellent leadership, people management, individual/team development, and coaching skills required.
- Proven ability to establish and execute a growth vision / strategy for a business.
- Demonstrated record of success with ability for process development, streamlining work and driving execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present business strategies effectively to senior leaders and large groups.
- Ability to thrive, quickly adapt to change - and lead others through change - in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and matrixed work environment.
- Thrives in a start-up environment where everyone needs to be actively chasing opportunities and solving problems.
- Ability to foster a diverse workplace to enable everyone to contribute to their full potential and achieve objectives.
- Provide leadership in support of CSI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Up to 25% travel (domestic and global)
- Physical abilities (must be able to lift 20 lbs)
- Mental abilities (view computer screen 8 hours per day)
- We are a fast-growing company with opportunities for growth
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel