Responsible for the management of NFDA’s overall marketing communications strategy, including advertising, public relations, Website, collaterals and other media as needed.
1. Provide strategic direction for the Association’s communications to members, non-members, and public.
2. Develop integrated approach for the Division and NFDA to incorporate key messages, timing of information and appropriate tools for communicating.
3. Establish and reinforce brand consistency for NFDA and the Association’s programs.
4. Create and produce communication products that project a positive, progressive and professional image of NFDA and the funeral service profession. Research and implement the latest/newest marketing and communication trends.
5. Develop Marketing/Communication plans.
6. Oversee the dissemination of inbound/outbound information.
7. Organize targeted communications to NFDA members via market segmentation.
8. Perform activities to increase awareness of NFDA to non-members, consumers and suppliers.
9. Identify research needs in conjunction with the Research Manager ensuring consistent implementation of data to drive communications and marketing.
10. Educate the consuming public and increase awareness of NFDA and funeral service. Develop and implement new approaches to reach and educate the public.
11. In conjunction with the Public Relations Manager, identify opportunities to promote NFDA and funeral service to target markets: hospice, hospitals, AARP, nursing homes, and other end of life providers. Contribute to relationship building for NFDA.
12. In conjunction with Public Relations Manager, help determine when the Association is in crisis. Contribute to a response plan and lead on necessary communications associated with crisis.
13. Oversee RFP process for division projects, when needed.
14. Manage the activities of the Vice President of Communications, Editor in Chief, Research Manager.
15. Responsible for developing scripts for the NFDA annual convention as well as proofreading scrips for all NFDA events.
16. Responsible for proofreading all communication/marketing materials.
17. Responsible for signing all contracts within Marketing/Communications.
18. Oversee convention tasks, in conjunction with convention contractor, ensuring brand in the entire event.
19. Participate in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
20. Embrace and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
21. Periodically represents the Association at conventions, board meetings, educational events, etc., as requested, including preparing and giving oral presentations.
22. Develops and adheres to budget and fiscal management for the Association.
23. Serves as a resource to the Communications Committee and Workgroups.
24. Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
25. Exhibit flexible, creative and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities, assignments and participating in special project teams and other work groups.
26. All other duties as assigned.